Welcome to Predator Wild
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Trapping raccoons in conibears on land in Missouri

- - - - - 5x5 conibears traps trapping coons raccoons

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

• Admins
  • 17,462 posts
It just recently came to my attention that in Missouri it is legal to set conibears on the ground that are 5 inches by 5 inches or smaller and decided to give it a try. My second night with traps out I suitcased this smaller female. If you look you can just make out where the Northwoods 155 got her in the second picture.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've got raccoons behind my house but never really broke out my DPs this year. We've got cats and a couple dogs so I didn't set any footholds back there either. There are no real tight trails that would be easy to fence in for placing one of the 5x5 Northwoods 155s on a stand so I decided to build a few boxes . I am going to put two of these out tonight with marshmallows behind the house and see what I can come up with over the next couple nights.

The boxes are built out of 1 x6 and 1 x 8 lumber. The top and bottom are 1 x 8 with the two sides and the back made from the 1 x 6. The sides and top are 12 inches long, the bottom piece is 15.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

• Admins
  • 17,462 posts
I have three of these 155's out right now and connected on two of them last night.

The raccoon was small, a male, and I suspect from this years crop. I caught him at a crawl under at a fence in a hedge row. I didn't get a picture of it in the trap, but here it is in the back of the truck.

Posted Image

The other catch was this skunk, my third of the year. I'm not sure how big it is as compared to an average skunk, but it's about twice the size of the other two I've caught this year.

Posted Image

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

• Admins
  • 17,462 posts
I have picked up a few possums now, too.

Posted Image