Welcome to Predator Wild
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bobcat recipe

- - - - - recipe

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

• Admins
  • 17,462 posts
Do you have any bobcat recipes??

Guest_pitdog_*

Guest_pitdog_*
  • Guests
Cook it as you would pork. They taste very similar.
A friend of mine just killed a Desert Bob and I took the backstraps off and made fajitas (sp) with them. There wasn't much in the front but I boned out all the meat I could and it's waiting for the sausage grinder.

It's white meat and has very little gamy taste so don't be afraid to cook it w/out seasoning or marinade. Remember to pound it a bit as it can be a bit tough.

Tim Lewis

Tim Lewis

Big Dog

• Predator Hunters
  • 1,866 posts
BobCat Backstrap.

Mix up a dry rub:

Garlic Salt
Onion Powder
Adobo seasoning
Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
Oregeno or Crushed Bay leaves (what ever you want)

Mostly equal parts, I usually just make up a jar so I have it for steaks so I don't know.

Rub down your back straps, cover and set in the fridge for a couple hours or overnight.

Slap them on the grill until around Med. and enjoy. Tasty little devil.

JimT

JimT

Big Dog

• PCOC
  • 2,006 posts

Do you have any??

From Jephs' photos he's the one with the culinary talents. Jephs, what about a cat barbecue for the Memorial Hunt? Will you be there?

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

• Admins
  • 17,462 posts
Jim, I won't be able to do a February hunt this year. I have a daughter that is due around that time that I won't miss. Perhaps you guys can still get something together? I know you've been up to the MNP before as has Soreloser.

Guest_Nacho_Momma_*

Guest_Nacho_Momma_*
  • Guests
Where exactly is the backstrap located on the bob? I will say that Jeph's picture in his older thread have me wishing I could try some.

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

• Admins
  • 17,462 posts
It runs down either side of the spinal cord from the front shoulders to just in front of the rear legs. Some guys call them tenderloins, too.

Guest_Nacho_Momma_*

Guest_Nacho_Momma_*
  • Guests

It runs down either side of the spinal cord from the front shoulders to just in front of the rear legs. Some guys call them tenderloins, too.

Thanks CrankyF! That's kinda what I thought you all meant.

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

• Admins
  • 17,462 posts
I did not try it this year. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe next year. Did any one else try it?

Guest_Youngster17_*

Guest_Youngster17_*
  • Guests
when i first heard about eating bobcat from heath i thought he was crazy. i'd like to try it some time.

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

• Admins
  • 17,462 posts
Anyone else?

Cali Kid

Cali Kid

Varmint

• Test group
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Im gonna try it here in the next little bit, if we can get my lil brother on one. little brothers are alway good ginea pigs. haha