Welcome to Predator Wild
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

e-caller sounds synthetic

- - - - -

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Guest_officework13_*

Guest_officework13_*
  • Guests
i have a home made ecaller with a horn.
for others who are using this, do you find that your caller has a synthetic/horny sound to it.
does this affect calling
do you get old dogs with this setup or just the young pups.
i find my hand calls sound so much better/realistic.

Guest_motransplant_*

Guest_motransplant_*
  • Guests
yea I like sound of mouth calls better, but there are somethings you can only do with an electronic toy.

mmm........ that sounds like something my wife might say
:blink:

Old Timer

Old Timer

old Timer

• Predator Hunters
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:all kinds of hunting and fishing
Just heard my first e-caller and it sounds tinny maybe the horn is poor quality sur don't sound like a real rabbit

Gary in CA

Gary in CA

Howler

• Moderators
  • 562 posts
You may want to use a better speaker. TOA SC110 ~$35. These were called on a Minaska using the TOA. I've hammered about 250 coyotes using a mix of Sceery hand calls and Minaska electronics including more than 20 doubles just since summer of '06. Many of these are OLD dogs.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Gary in CA, 11 November 2008 - 01:00 PM.

Guest_Moe_*

Guest_Moe_*
  • Guests
Gary.....Searching the TOA website I don't find an SC-110 but I do find an SC-610. Is this the one you mean?

http://www.toaelectr...com/spk0023.asp

Gary in CA

Gary in CA

Howler

• Moderators
  • 562 posts
Your google-fu is better than my memory. Your number was right and mine was wrong. Last time I checked, I think there was a Las Vegas electronics internet site that had the best TOA prices, but that may have changed too. The TOA comes with a stainless mounting bracket.

Foxpro also sells a different speaker, the SP55 (that one isn't verified either), that sounds good. It's heavier, smaller, made of plastic, no bracket, and costs more.

I've got more than a dozen speakers I've tried, but those two will work. I put TOA's on both pickups and a portable caller and they come stock on Minaska and WT callers.

Guest_Moe_*

Guest_Moe_*
  • Guests
Thanks, Gary. For some reason, maybe my tin ear, the speaker on my Foxpro started sounding kinda tinny to me. Foxpro looked at it but sent it back as is. I've been thinking about getting an external speaker. This is good info.

Tawnoper has gotten me using my mouth calls more than I was but the E caller with a shotgun still is the best choice for close in spots like the flat, heavy sage country of eastern Oregon.

Reflections

Reflections

Varmint

• Predator Hunters
  • 39 posts
Gary,
Where can you find the TOA SC 110? So far my searches are futile.

Guest_Moe_*

Guest_Moe_*
  • Guests

Gary,
Where can you find the TOA SC 110? So far my searches are futile.

Read both my and Gary's posts regarding the number. It's actually the SC-610.

Here are some dealers:

http://proaudiosuper.../TOA-SC610.html

http://www.mcmelectr...roduct/555-8370

You can go to TOA's website and contact them for a distributor for you area. They in turn will give you the name of a local dealer who can order it for you. Retail for the speaker is $56 but you can find them for anywhere between $35 to $65 with the average being right around $40 plus shipping. Depending on where you live you may find one locally but most likely they will have to special order it.

Since you're only using one speaker for you're E caller be sure to order the SC-601 and not the SC-610T which has a transformer which is designed for use in an intercom system.

Gary in CA

Gary in CA

Howler

• Moderators
  • 562 posts
Yep, buy the 610 without the transformer or the SP55. The FX3, FX5, and the new Fury all use the same cheap little speakers. There is no good reason for it.

Reflections

Reflections

Varmint

• Predator Hunters
  • 39 posts
Thanks,
Yes, that did it, I found plenty of 610s, just no 110s.

Guest_freeze_*

Guest_freeze_*
  • Guests

You may want to use a better speaker. TOA SC110 ~$35. These were called on a Minaska using the TOA. I've hammered about 250 coyotes using a mix of Sceery hand calls and Minaska electronics including more than 20 doubles just since summer of '06. Many of these are OLD dogs.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I wish I could have that luck here in wisconsin in my dreams only.