Welcome to Predator Wild
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Installing a TruGlo Fiber-Optic Shotgun Sight

- - - - -

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

• Admins
  • 17,462 posts
Has anyone else installed one of these suckers on your shotgun? This one I have is kicking my butt ! :mad:

Guest_bbsnowman_*

Guest_bbsnowman_*
  • Guests

Has anyone else installed one of these suckers on your shotgun? This one I have is kicking my butt ! :mad:

Lucky Me, My Rem turkey already has them on.......I ruin wood when I work on it..........PJC

Old Timer

Old Timer

old Timer

• Predator Hunters
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:all kinds of hunting and fishing
I have one on my 8 70 sure helps in low light

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

• Admins
  • 17,462 posts

I have one on my 8 70 sure helps in low light

Did you install it?

Braz

Braz

Big Dog

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts
What is the problem with it Cranky? Just won't fit in the dovetail? If that is it, you need to do a bit of light filing. If so, file on the sight, not the dovetail itself.

Old Timer

Old Timer

old Timer

• Predator Hunters
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:all kinds of hunting and fishing
Yes I did install it mine went on easy with a glue that came with it. it came with red for the front and green for the rear( I didn't put the green on)

Guest_Lead Poison_*

Guest_Lead Poison_*
  • Guests
Hey Cranky,
Take that thing back and go to Walmart. They sell one made by HI VIZ (hivizsights.com) that comes with 3 bases and 4 fiber optic "strings" in both neon red and neon green. They slip over the dovetail and are magnetic. I have them on my skeet and trap guns as well as my Coyote shotgun (loaded down with Dead Coyote loads) for the quick shooting in the brush. It sells for about $12.00 if my memory serves. Installs in 30 seconds. Let me know what you think.
Lead Poison

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

• Admins
  • 17,462 posts
I will try this one again and if I can't make it work I will give the one you mentioned a try. Thanks.

Guest_Brian_*

Guest_Brian_*
  • Guests
I have one on a 870, it is not very hard to install but it does want to come off. Overall i'm not happy with it but, I do seem to shoot clays better with it.

Braz

Braz

Big Dog

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts
Crank, you haven't indicated what the problem is?

Brian, I assume the site in installed in a dovetail? If so, remove the site, and tap a center punch in the bottom of the dovetail lightly. It will raise a very small welt. Then tap the site back in. The welt should hold it in place.

Guest_Brian_*

Guest_Brian_*
  • Guests
It mounts on the vented rail. I don't have dove tails.