Welcome to Predator Wild
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Where to hunt Grey fox and Bobcats?

- - - - -

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Guest_Sman_*

Guest_Sman_*
  • Guests
I just started predator hunting. At my ranch in tx there is a big hay field, a foresty kind of area with ponds and also there are areas that have thick green brush with thorns and stuff. Ive called in a coyote with my brother but we couldnt get a shot on it and it ran. weve beens using just a cottontail distress. We called the coyote in at a field near some thick brush. Our neighbors have shot grey fox and also bobcats. Ive read at some places that its really hard to hunt coyotes during the summer especially in tx, is this true for grey fox and bobcats? Where would i be able to find the fox and bobcats? Any help is useful, thanks.

O yeah and during the winter we heard the coyotes very close to our house there so im not too worried about getting the coyotes..mainly the bobcats and fox.

Here are some pictures by the way.. http://flemingranch.com/

Guest_onecoyote_*

Guest_onecoyote_*
  • Guests
You're not gonna get any responses here to your question as you are in Texas and this is a California site. Most of the people that frequent this forum are usually further west than west texas...lol.
If your neighbors are getting gray fox and bobcats, you should be too. Try hunting at night as it is too hot during the day and hunt with a partner. You can also try http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com, it's a Texas forum where my friend "Bobcat" is moderator and he'll help you out.
good luck

Edited by onecoyote, 13 August 2009 - 06:49 PM.

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

smallblockfuelie

• Admins
  • 17,462 posts
The bobcats like cover and are hesitant to step out into the open with no cover. They're not rea smart, but they are masters of using cover to conceal themselves. The few times I've hunted Texas we found grays in treed areas with a notiable absence of coyotes. Good luck and let us know how you do.

acousticmood

acousticmood

Puppy Yapper

• Predator Hunters
  • 123 posts
all you need to do is invite me over to help. That'd do it.... pretty much.